Security Operations Centre Manager
Brisbane, QLD, Australia / Remote on 09/10/2020
Equate Technologies specialise in ICT consultation and services to support business across the country. We help our customers wherever they are on their technology journey. What’s the Equate difference? Our people. We understand technology, listen to what our customers want and guide them to what they need.
We are a small team doing big things, known for our technical excellence, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of service and solutions to our customers, and have fun doing it. Do you want to join us?
In this role you will be reporting to the Client Services Director as part of day to day operations and personal development planning.
You will be responsible for a team. You will manage operational activities and personal development planning for your team.
Form part of the Equate Security Operations team, leading the SOC function. Acting as an escalation point and leader for security analysts and engineers, you will help to ensure that our IT environments, and those of our customers, are operating securely and efficiently.
- Lead a team of security analysts and incident responders, providing mentoring, guidance and training.
- Improve tooling to proactively detect, analyse and respond to security risks, threats and incidents.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures and driving implementation.
- Effectively respond to security incidents using best-in-class technologies and processes.
- Operate autonomously and as part of a wider team to deliver solutions for our client base.
- Contribute to our journey in implementing infrastructure-as-code solutions to enable reliable, rapid deployment of security and technology solutions across on-prem, hybrid and public cloud environments.
- Maintain industry and technology certifications and operate with a willingness to continue training and learning.
- Provide expertise and mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Effectively respond to operational and security incidents, threats and risks.
- Contribute to a roster to provide after hours on call support.
- Deliver SOC services, incident response and vulnerability management services to our customers and internally.
- Develop blue and purple team capabilities and deliver these to our customers.
- Develop and improve SOC reporting capabilities.
The following are the key capabilities we are looking for from candidates.
- Disciplined, charismatic and results-oriented professional with exceptional understanding of the security landscape, associated technologies and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a security leadership role.
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate complex concepts.
- Proven ability to understand, analyse and respond to ICT and cyber security risks, incidents and events.
- Experience with endpoint security methodologies and techniques.
- Experience implementing and integrating applications and network management tools and protocols.
- Security certifications (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, OSCP).
- Experience working with and tuning SIEM and security event collection and analysis tools.
- Experience with SOAR technologies, implementation and operation.
- Experience analysing malware, targeted campaigns and actors.
- Experience threat hunting and developing threat matrices.
- An ability to work well on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Right to work full time in Australia.
In addition, the following will be looked at favourably.
- Experience with the Mitre ATT&CK framework and mapping back to real world incident detection and response capabilities.
- Experience implementing and operating orchestration, configuration management and automation applications (Salt Stack, Git, Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, Terraform).
- Experience working with virtualization technologies.
- Experience working with containerisation technologies.
- Experience working with public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with network security tools, e.g. experience configuring firewalls, common features/limitations inherent to major vendors, configuration concepts such as state and protocol inspection and tuning policy.
- Penetration testing experience.
- Higher-level qualification in Information Technology.
Equate offers flexible working arrangements and working from remotely is encouraged where appropriate.
Our office on Ann Street in the Brisbane CBD is available with a permanent desk.
If working full time remotely financial support to utilise a co-working space may be negotiated.
Will be proportionate to your experience and value delivered to Equate and our customers. Equate is committed to investing in our people and will commit to a training and certification plan for new employees.
We offer a day a month of self-learning time in addition to certification and training with our key technologies and capabilities.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.